Why should a small business have a website?
A website unique to your business can:
- Allow your clients to find you via search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Make your business information easily accessible (Address, Hours, Phone number and E-mail)
- Describe what your business does
- Display imagery and video clips specific to your business
- Link to your commercial Facebook page
- Allow you to use Google Ad Words to promote your business
- Link to Google Analytics for specific trends and data on your website traffic
- Give you the ability to sell merchandise online
- Provide a contact form for potential customers
- Market your upcoming events and promotions
- Access targeted pay-per-click advertising
Custom websites are unique to an individual business and built from scratch. The client can choose every color and the layout for each website page. All graphics can be custom made if desired. Graphics can include a new logo for the business.
One two hour consultation with a new client is free, and we will then forward a proposal for your consideration. Consultation time throughout the project is included in the project fee.
For either Custom or Design Templates:
Websites can include:
- Logo integration
- Custom navigation menu
- Photos or static images provided by client
- Contact form
- Video Clips
- Shopping Cart system
- File Sharing
- E-commerce module
- Custom graphics
- Integration with your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn sites
Site Engine Optimization (SEO)
For all new websites:
- Site submission to the Open Directory Project (DMOZ) for listing
- Keywords and phrases submitted by the client built into the site
- Tailored titles and descriptions for each page
For existing websites:
- Analysis of the keywords and phrases in organic search results for competitors
- Upgrade existing keywords and phrases throughout the site
- Modify titles and descriptions for each page
- Link current site to key social media pages
- List current site in Google Pages, Yellow pages and other search pages
SEO Form for completion: click here
Domain Registration and Web Hosting
Typically these services cost approximately $4.50 to $7.95 per month for a 12 month period. The domain name search function on these sites is free.
We would be happy to register your business for Web Hosting and/or a Domain Name. Domain registration and Web Hosting Setup done by The Resourceful Business LLC is charged by the hour at $45 per hour. Included in the setup, The Resourceful Business LLC will track your domain name and web hosting expiration deadlines and inform you 30 days prior to expiration.
Alternatively, we can advise you in setting up domain registration and web hosting on your own at no charge.
A word on Google Ad Words and Analytics
Google continues to be the preeminent search engine with 65% of all internet searches done via Google. For the latest Nielsen rankings, click here.
For small businesses, the extensive use of search engines confirms the need to have a website. The dominance of Google makes tools like Google Ad Words and Analytics all the more effective. The Ad Word tool also allows a business owner to pay for advertising in a pay-per-click format as well as establish budget thresholds. Consider the comparison to hard copy ads which charge a monthly fee, increase pricing for color and size, and never provide data on how many people have even seen your ad. With Google Analytics, you can pull up daily statistics on your website.
The Resourceful Business can assist you in setting up a Google Ad Word campaign or Google Analytics for your website. We can also advise you on budget thresholds and key search words for your campaign. These services are priced by the hour at $45 per hour.